DIY Spa Day with Mom
We wouldn’t be who we are today without the influence of our mother or a woman who we look up to. Times are busy these days, and the hustle and bustle of today can make us take for granted the things and people we love and care about the most. This Mother’s Day, slow it down and spend the precious time with that special mother in your life.
What could be a better way to spend some uninterrupted time with each other than a spa day at home? Below are some great ideas for relaxing and catching up with mom.
- Start the day by making a delicious detox water. Fill a pitcher halfway with sliced lemon, cucumber, and a few sprigs of mint. Then, fill the rest with water. You will feel refreshed and your skin will thank you
- Get your oils out: Diffuse lavender and peppermint essential oils to get a relaxing, yet energizing spa-like feel in your home
- Steam your pores. Fill a bowl with hot steamy water and drape a towel over your head to let those pores open up. Steam for 5 to 10 minutes and start to feel yourself relax
- Apply a hair mask. Not sure what kind? Click HERE to see our favorite DIY masks.
- Now onto a face mask. Don't worry, we have recipes for those too! Click HERE to see which one is best for you.
- Soak those toes. Summer is approaching quickly, so get your feet ready for sandal season. Here is a recipe you may not have guessed would work, but it works miracles on dry and cracked feet:
3/4 C Vinegar
1 1/2 C Hot Water
3/4 C Epsom Salt optional
Soak feet for 30 minutes.
Use a pumice stone and scrub off all the dead skin.
Put a thick moisturizer on your feet and rub in.
Put some comfy socks on and let your moisturizer do all the work.
(Your feet will be softer than ever!)
- Rinse your hair and face masks off after your foot soak, finish your yummy detox water, and enjoy the rest of your day with your Mom!
If you enjoyed this article, please share with your friends.
Have a Royally Pampered Day! -Our Royal Family
FB: Queen C Hair
YouTube: Queen C Hair
Pinterest: Queen C Hair