Why You Should be Using Coconut Oil Everyday
Coconut oil is one of nature's greatest gifts ever given to us. It's benefits are virtually endless, ranging from uses for a natural makeup remover to treating Alzheimer's. The only down side about this article is that we are having to condense the list of all the benefits down from a number well into the hundreds to just a few of our favorites.
Not only are the uses of coconut oil beneficial to beauty, they are key factors in keeping your health in it's prime! How is it actually good for you, though? It contains several vital nutrients for your beauty and health which are:
- Antioxidants, which are compounds in food that stop or delay damage to the cells. (read more on antioxidants here).
- Lauric Acid, which is a saturated fat commonly used for the treatment of viral infections, the common cold, yeast infections, and the list goes on and on (read more on lauric acid here).
- Caprylic Acid, which is a fatty acid that has anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is commonly used to treat skin conditions, digestive disorders, and high cholesterol (read more on caprylic acid here).
- Treats Alzheimer's
- Prevents Heart Disease and high blood pressure
- Cures UTI's and Kidney infections
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis
- Improves digestion and reduces ulcers
- Prevents gum disease and tooth decay
- Balances hormones
- Improves Type II Diabetes
- Reduces joint pain
- Mix with apple cider vinegar as a natural treatment for lice
- Mothers who nurse can take a few tablespoons a day (along with vitamin D) to increase milk supply
- Use it to remove makeup
- Use it to moisturize body
- Use it in place of shaving cream
- Face moisturizer
- Frizz tamer- lightly smooth on ends of hair
- Dandruff treatment- massage into roots, let it set for a few minutes, shampoo
- Oil treatment- apply from ends to roots, wrap head in warm towel, let set for 10-15 minutes, shampoo
- Use as massage oil
- Prevent stretch marks
- Helps reduce wrinkles
- Helps calm eczema and psoriasis flare-ups
- Use as a natural sunscreen (SPF 4)
- Prevent Hair Loss (Click here to read how coconut oil can help prevent hair loss)
- Remove sticky label residue from glass, wood, plastic, and other hard surfaces
- Remove crayon marks from walls
- Life scuff marks from floors
- Polish furniture
- Clean leather
- Remove gum out of hair
- Mix essential oils and coconut oil for your choice of fragrance in a candle warmer
- Unstick a zipper
- Relieve bug bite itch
- Cook food in high temperatures
- Prevents hairballs
- Aids in a shiny coat
- Ear mite remedy
- Improves bad breath
- Helps heal cuts and wounds
- Helps regulate insulin levels and blood sugar levels
Another great thing about coconut oil is that since you can do so much with it, look at how much money you will be saving on products that aren't even good for you! We hope you can get many good uses out of coconut oil for your health, beauty, household, and pets.
You may also enjoy reading "Essential Oils and Your Hair". Click here to view.
Have a Royally Pampered Day! -Our Royal Family
FB: Queen C Hair
YouTube: Queen C Hair
Pinterest: Queen C Hair
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this blogÂ are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this blogÂ is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog.